We would like to proudly present to you Ucommerce 8.3. Apart from doing our due diligence in fixing bugs reported by you, the freshly-released Ucommerce 8.3 marks a big step forward in our incremental redesign of the new administration interface. We’re thrilled to announce that for the first time the new Catalog application is publicly available! This will allow the Digital Merchant to interact with their store every day in a much more efficient way. In fact, it would now take only a few seconds to create, edit or delete a Category.
Functionality we are delivering this release includes:
- Newly designed Catalog Builder, a new way of navigating and building the Catalog and Category structure for your stores,
- Drag & Drop re-ordering of Catalogs and Categories in the Catalog Builder,
- Moving of a Category to either a new parent Category, or to an entirely different Catalog via Drag & Drop,
- The ability to edit Catalogs and Categories, including deletion and editing of properties (complete with new editing experience for the different types of fields),
- The ability to change the definition of a Catalog or Category· Keyboard shortcuts for increased productivity,
- The ability to undo changes made to the Catalogs and Categories via the click of a button,
- Snappy validation of changes along with improved explanation messages.
The new app lives side-by-side with the old system for the time being, and we will be continuing to improve it in the near future. Since the application is still in BETA (meaning that there might be bugs or missing features in comparison with the old interface), we would love to hear your feedback – go to our UserVoice portal and share your thoughts on
the new release!